Time of Reckoning

Well, as the end of the year approaches, it is time to do the math on my "100% painted project". My numbers took a hit as I sold off my ~2500pt (that is, 8th edition Warhammer points) beastmen army. I was just running out of storage space and figured that someone else may make better use of it. However, I have regained some ground by painting a bunch of my 4th edition Kev Adams goblins. I am sitting flat at 52% of my models painted, which is where I was in July 2016 (although this was also before I sold my fully painted beastmen army and lost a significant amount of ground). Should have kept the buggers! As a compulsive collector, I have also shamefully purchased some more models although far less than I did in previous years. If this project has helped me, it has at least made me experience less impulse buys

All in all, not a bad year for 2016 but still loads to do. I think that at it's inception I had set a goal to finish painting all my models in a 2-year period. That was back in July 2016. So I still have about 1.5 years to go until July 2018. The bulk of my unpainted models lie in my Orcs and Goblins collection, with 456 unpainted greenskins. Do you think I will finish? Is there anyone else who has set the lofty goal of painting all their miniatures and achieved it? If it wasn't for the collapse of the Old World and the advent of AoS (which I do not have any interest in), I would still be buying models and making my goal of 100% painted more difficult. Thankfully, this is not the case but I am still tempted by the occasional Oldhammer model.


Comments

  1. While it obviously skewed your numbers, it was probably a good call to sell an army you won't really use. I need to have a sit down and take a serious look at all my stuff and get to work painting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean, quantifying my miniature collection was quite a sobering experience. I would recommend generous doses of imbibed alcohol while doing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment