Wizgit and the savages

Wizgit slowly chomped down another magic mushroom as the tribe of savage orcs looked on. They half expected his head to explode there and then. As burly and tough as the savage orcs were, none of them could stomach more than a bite of a magic mushroom before they puked their guts out. Yet there stood Wizgit swallowing his twelfth mushroom in perfect silence, save for breaking wind every few minutes. The savage orcs stared in wonder, and waited for the incantations that were to follow. In truth, the silence was disconcerting to other greenskins given the reputation the savage orcs had established amongst their kin. However, the impressiveness of their brutality on the battlefield was second only to their blind obedience to the chosen shaman of their tribe. He was regarded as the prophet of Mork amongst them and, like Mork, he did not hesitate to clobber or stab dissidents within the tribe, when their back were turned of course.

I like how these savages turned out. I've always had a soft spot for the savage orc models and recall my trepidation when facing them in battle during 5th edition games. Therefore, they had to be part of my greenskin army. I like the classic blue tattoo look, so I went with that.

First up is Wizgit, a simple but imposing model.





Here are the deities he worships, Gork (who, as the ancient texts say, is brutal but kunnin') and Mork (who is kunnin' but brutal). I'm sure there is a Khorne and Tzeentch analogy in there somewhere...





And here are the Blue Bandits, savage orc infantry armed with teeth, claws and barbaric weapons. I still need to muster the courage to tackle a freehand banner, but they are otherwise for the most part done. Hope you enjoy!


Comments

  1. Another great unit and an iconic shaman model. One thing I do for banners is mix and match the line art versions and print them out so it's paint by numbers. That way you brush has some guidance but you still designed and painted it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the excellent suggestion! I have some of those 'sticker' banners that used to come in blister packs, although I dislike the glossy finish and 'brand new' look they have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention. I put them together in photoshop then print them on to paper. Then I paint between the lines, as it were.

      Delete

Post a Comment