Slaanesh Warrior Contingent

A few days ago, I posted up some pictures of my Slaanesh daemons. But who summoned these monstrosities into the mortal realms in the first place? None other than the depraved, self-indulging servants of the lord of pleasure. I've been slowly working on my Slaanesh warriors over the past few months, and these are the three latest additions to the crew:





I tried to shy away from gaudy, neon, multicolor schemes while still incorporating classic Slaanesh blue-purple elements that would complement the look of my Slaanesh daemons. My favorite model by far, is the serpent-bodied guy (girl?). I also really like the guy in the front rank with the sword and the book. If memory serves, he was on one of the Chaos Combat Cards (...where did I put those things, anyway?)


All in all I'm quite happy with these guys and I think I'm going to take a break from Slaanesh. The only thing missing from the unit is an oversized banner for the banner bearer, in true Oldhammer fashion. I think I'm going to put this on hold, though, so that I can give it my full attention. Freehand is always a struggle for me.

In other news, I have been slowly filing and assembling models for the next Old World Army Challenge which is to start in January 2019. No spoilers about which army it's going to be, but suffice to say that there's a lot of metal to clean!


Next in my lineup of Realms of Chaos models are my Chaos knights. The ones with the baller, one-piece metal steeds. Until that update, happy painting!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. They are indeed. You should see what they can do to a cucumber!

      Delete
  2. You are knocking these out of the park man!!!! Can’t wait to see the knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man. They’re going to be one of my slow-burn projects

      Delete
  3. Nice. I like the colors, good contrast with the daemons. You're making me want to start a new oldschool chaos army...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say do it! Each model is a small piece of Warhammer history

      Delete
  4. This army just keeps getting better and better with each post. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. P. I’ve been slowly working on these models between other projects, so I’m happy to see that this rag-tag bunch is coming together to form an army of its own

      Delete
  5. They look great. My favorite part of how you highlighted the dude with the pointy his in the front tank. That his is difficult to make look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That’s loaded brush right there. (Very slowly) improving with it, but it’s an amazing time-saving technique

      Delete
  6. Really nice unit Anthony. I agree with the idea of taking your time on the standard bearer. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for OWAC 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean. I'll have to make a custom banner pole too. Wildly disproportionate in true Oldhammer style :)

      Delete

Post a Comment