OWAC II Month 2 - Of Big 'Uns and Boulders

Hi guys, and welcome back to the continuation of my Orcs and Goblins saga. This month, my offering consists of 10 big 'uns and an orc stone thrower. These guys will join the chariots and crossbow orcs I painted last month.

I've been itching to get my hands on these orcs ever since Diego released them a few months back. Thanks, OWAC 2, for giving me an excuse to paint them. I started on these guys late in January and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. While they are quite a bit bigger than 'regular' 3rd edition orcs, their Oldhammer vibe makes them well suited for use as big 'uns. I love their pointed snouts - it gives them a feral look that fits the orcs perfectly.

10 Orc Big 'Uns (95 pts)


In order to break up the monotony, my OWAC painting strategy consists of painting a mixture of rank and file troops and 'special' pieces (characters, war machines, or even other pieces from other armies). We'll see how well it turns out.


Front glamor shots ...


... and arses.


More fronts ...


... and more arses.
Keep your eyes peeled for their mounted brethren who will be making an appearance later on in this OWAC.

What's an orc army without some artillery that is just as likely to wreak havoc on your own troops as it is is to damage the enemy? I present to you the Marauder orc stone thrower. 


Orc Stone Thrower (42.5 pts)
Until next month, happy painting!

Comments

Post a Comment