OWAC II Month 4 - Trolls

Well, April's been a very taxing month due to work and personal life. Also, I've been pretty burned out painting-wise, and I was almost certain that I would be cashing in on my mulligan. I started these trolls last month, which is fortuitous since I don't think I would have been able to muster the motivation to start any model from scratch. Luckily, they are fun sculpts and there's not much in the way of technical expertise needed to paint these fellas. Most importantly, they are not greenskins so I at least get a break from painting green flesh for a month.

Here we have 3 trolls, coming in at 195 points total. These are probably my 3 favorite sculpts from the Bog Trolls range by Drew Williams.  Skin tones achieved by using the Andrea paint set for flesh (which I highly recommend, by the way)








As a further break from painting the greenskins, I experimented with a new rust recipe. I've had this fella primed black in the cabinet for a while, and since he was so heavily armored, he fit the bill perfectly. I also think that he will fit right in with Iannick's undead misfits, so he will be my OWAC tribute to our overlord (and +25pts to my points total for the month, methinks).





Until next time, happy painting (and please send any spare painting mojo my way, if you please).

Comments

  1. Hello, I run a small company called Troll Soup Miniatures who now owns this line of miniatures. Would it be okay to share some of your painted examples on our social media Thanks 🙂 www.trollsoup.com, contact@trollsoup.com, @troll_soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sure. Feel free to use them but please credit the blog

      Delete

Post a Comment