The forest goblins are here

It's no mystery that I'm a huge fan of Warhammer Fantasy 4th edition, and everything that Kev Adams sculpted for that edition. Forest goblins were some of the first models I picked up at the local modeling shop when I was 6 or 7 years old. These models are now quite rare, so I am happy to finally have enough of them to field a forest goblin army.   

Forest goblins with hand weapon and shield
The shield design is a custom decal designed by the talented Mustafa Bekir of Spevna Studio (cheers, mate!). The shield design is based on the guy pictured below on the bottom left, who originally featured in a White Dwarf of old (Mike McVey paint job, if memory serves) but who has remained imprinted in my childhood memory until now.







I was lucky enough to get the last few forest goblins needed to complete a short bow unit off Iannick of Old World Army Challenge  notoriety. These models are chock full of detail and, since I wanted to do them justice, the whole army has been in the works for at least a year (and lots more to come - watch this space!)

Forest goblins with short bows

The last unit I completed for the army is this unit of spider riders. I have 10 of these guys, and another 10 are assembled, primed and ready for paint. As you might expect, the forest goblin army is going to be very heavily spider-themed, and I have quite a few units and conversions based on spiders both big and small.

Spider riders with spears and banner


That is all for now. This project will be one of the main focuses of my painting this year, so stay tuned for more...

Comments

  1. Damn dawg those look fantastic! My only suggestion might be to tip the feathers in a white or black maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I've had a few opportunities in the last couple of years to pick up a few Forest Goblins, but I know if I do, I'll follow your path and spend way too much money buying a whole army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. something really addictive about those 4th ed gobbos!

      Delete
  3. Lovely models!
    Also really liked them back days but sadly never saw even a single full unit in the flesh - so rare stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’ve always loved their bright colors and feathers. Give a sort of ‘birds of paradise’ impression

      Delete

Post a Comment