Chaos Warriors army pictures

Well, technically this post does not conform to the Oldhammer/Herohammer vibe that I was going for  with this blog, although I would ask you to excuse that transgression.  If memory serves, I started constructing this chaos army in about 2011-2012. It was meant for Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition, but I never ended up playing a game with them. I always desired a chaos warriors army which was heavily based on the Norse, and this ended up being it. I only painted parts of this army, the rest was commissioned. I wanted the paint scheme to be very ‘khorne.’ Dark reds, bronze and black. However, you will see that I also included some nurgle units since they are so darn cool.

 I mounted the models on pieces of cobblestone-imprinted plastic (Wills Crazy Paving) to make it appear as though they had just raided an Empire village. I am now building said village and plan to take some dramatic shots of the models in it after the buildings are painted.

This blog post is as much a compiled catalog (for me) of everything contained in the army as it is a post intended to show the work for the enjoyment of others. Therefore, I hope you enjoy!

Chaos knights





chaos lord on demonic mount

Converted chaos marauders. My favorite unit in the army
another picture of the 40-strong marauder unit




Marauder horsemen



Skullcrushers

more skullcrushers

converted chaos spawn

chaos warriors

bloodthirster of Khorne

Warriors of nurgle. These beautiful models are from Avatars of War

chaos warrior chariots


Demon prince

chaos lord on Juggernaut

flamers of tzeentch

slaughterpriest. Yes, he’s from AOS but there is no denying he is just a badass model
Another AOS slaughterpriest

chaos dwarf hellcannon 

very old school blood letters led by a marauder champion of khorne

chaos sorceror


Festus the Leachlord

blight lords of nurgle


another bloodthirster. He’s bloody huge. Beautiful model from Mierce Miniatures (Krull, Servile Lord of Dis)


chaos lord of nurgle

Aarbal the Undefeated

Chosen of Khorne. These are also from Avatars of War

Khorne lord on foot


Old school flesh hounds of khorne

Nick Bibby dragon ogre. A classic

Comments

  1. Those are amazing! I love the muted color palette and all the little conversions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m quite pleased how the army turned out. Next model I’m planning is Archaon on horseback to lead them all

      Delete

Post a Comment