Chaos Knights

A few years ago, I was quite lucky to pick up some of the older chaos knights. The ones with the all-metal horses. The details on the horses is not very crisp, but I like the bulkiness of the models and the fact that they are so unique. Just this past year, I have gotten to doing some minor conversion work on them and starting to paint them up.


There was a lot of procrastinating before starting to paint them, since I just couldn't decide on a color scheme. I'm a big fan of dark, brooding colors on my chaos models, although I was afraid that a lot of the cool and unique details on these models would get missed if I went that route. I finally decided to use a muted color scheme which was rich in the brown and red range, with gold NMM to tie the models together. I also decided to make the color scheme of each model different, kind of like the unique heraldry you see in Bretonnian armies.
 

This is the first guy (girl?) I painted. Looks kind of slaaneshi to me, so I went for a desaturated pink and blue color scheme. I'm quite pleased with how he turned out.



A lot of back and forth with the following model's color scheme. At first, the red was too saturated and clashing with the other colors, so I toned it down and incorporated some muted greens and I think the contrast looks quite good now. 


Bolder colors on this guy, to give a Tzeentchian feel with the orange, azure and gold.


This guy is probably either nurgle or undivided. 


Next one to paint will be the standard bearer, and I'm aiming for a unit of 10 or 15 of these guys. Completely unplayable points-wise, of course, but should be quite cool to see them all ranked up in a unit.

Until next time, happy painting!



 

Comments

Post a Comment