First Edition Space Hulk

Space Hulk was one of the my first encounters with Games Workshop as a child, and definitely one of my gateways into the Games Workshop hobby. I still remember buying the box from one of the British department stores (maybe Marks and Spencer). I was probably around nine at the time, and my mom allowed me to buy it for Christmas. I did a right botch job on the paint, but I didn't exactly have the premier tools (or skills) as a nine year-old. 

The box and minis have disappeared in the mists of time, although I was lucky enough to pick up a complete first edition box (in relatively good condition) a few years ago. As I now have young kids of my own, I plan to entice them into the hobby with this classic game. To strengthen the appeal, I have painted the set in classic colors. I couldn't bring myself, however, to paint the original plastic terminators from the box (even nostalgia was not powerful enough to compel me to paint those models!). Instead, I painted the metal terminators that came in their own box, even though I never owned those as a kid. I hope you enjoy the pictures and some memories of your own.










 

Comments

  1. The contrast stealers are excellent! Your brushwork on the caution stripes and checks is brilliant. Would love to get a game in with these anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks man. we’re long overdue for a game. Plus, nothing beats a bunch of marines fighting their way through a derelict Space Hulk

      Delete

Post a Comment