Aarbal the Undefeated finally finished

Well, this figure has been sitting waiting for paint for far too long. How do I know? Well, I had written a blog post about unboxing this model back in 2015, which can be found HERE. One of my first blog posts, in fact. Funny how blogging makes you more accountable for all of your hobby transgressions!

Anyway, enough chatter and on to the model. For Aarbal, I wanted to steer away from colors that were too 'gaudy'. While these might strike fear into the heart of his foes, laughter would be more likely. I personally prefer my chaos warriors to be more brooding. While not terrible, I was really not a fan of the color scheme on the box art for Aarbal. Red horns? I think not. I still stuck with the quintessential khorne colors of bronze, red and green but tried to keep them quite dark. Probably won't 'pop' as much on the tabletop, but I thought them more fitting to the model. 





I'm not too happy with the photo quality, but it's something I'm (very gradually) learning. While I think the backdrop below is nice, in this case the colors are too similar to the colors on the model and thus they detract too much from the miniature. For this reason, I decided to purchase a blue fade background from Hangar18 miniatures that I will be using in subsequent projects. Enjoy the pictures, and if you have any useful resources for a novice miniature photographer, I would love to hear them.



Comments

  1. Looks great! I just ordered one of the backdrops too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great. I guess you can probably print one yourself if you have a color printer, but for those of us who don't they are very fairly priced

      Delete
  2. I think the photo looks pretty good, but you are right that the choice of backdrop color can really effect the look of the model. Something more contrasting would be appropriate. The other advantage that these backdrops have is that you can order one bigger than a piece of paper. An 8.5 by 11 piece of paper is fine for a single figure, it starts getting problematic when doing multiple units at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I still haven't found a good way to take army pictures. Not everything can fit in a light box. Also, I struggle to keep everything in focus

      Delete

Post a Comment