Holiday greenskins and end-of-year paint tally

Well, I was lucky enough to finish my December pledge for the Old World Army Challenge a little early this month. What with the holidays coming, I wanted to give myself plenty of time to complete the 20 models for this month. Luckily, I had a few days off early in the month which provided the perfect opportunity to knock these out, and also opened up the possibility of painting some of my greenskins with the remaining time. Greenskins constitute the majority of my unpainted models at the minute. I remain steadfast (read:stubborn) in my self-imposed 100% painted challenge, even though there is no chance that I will complete it at the deadline set at the outset (Summer 2018). 

Here are the greenskins I've been painting over the last few days: 9 netters/clubbers with a few of the plastic monopose snotlings sprinkled in for good measure.



I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out. I think that I have finally come up with a goblin skin recipe that I am happy with






Gristletooth has also been hard at work (I use the term loosely) drumming up new artillery recruits. These bandits came with a lukewarm recommendation from a goblin big boss, which far exceeds the minimum qualification required for inclusion in Gristletooth's mob.


 They were summarily added to the existing ranks of archers.


This brings my end-of-the-year completely painted models to 60% even. A far cry from 100%, but we're slowly getting there.


I started the 100% painted challenge back in July 2016. At the outset, I was at 52% painted models, and I have since painted 8% of my models (approximately 142 models) in 17 months making my average paint rate 8.4 models per month. Approximately. I may have *cough* purchased *cough* a few models since then. However, as I mentioned in a previous post, this challenge has made me remarkably more disciplined in my model purchases. Until next year, happy holidays!

Comments

  1. They look great! I love some night gobbos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! The Kev Adams goblin sculpts have always embodied the essence of 'goblinhood' for me. As a child, I was unable to afford to buy enough of them to make complete units. As an adult, however, I have made sure to rectify this ;)

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Anthony. I think 2018 will be the year of making a data base and sorting out my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say do it. If anything, it helps to control those impulse purchases (if that is a desired outcome, of course) ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment