Fire Chariot

As every miniature painter knows, sometimes you just need a change of pace to prevent painter's burnout. So it was with me, and I decided to pick up the beautiful, Ian Miller-inspired miniatures from the Osmoticmeld kickstarter. This collaboration between John Robertson (sculptor) and Ian Miller (artist) has led to an exquisite set of 28mm sculpts.

Any miniature enthusiast will be familiar with Ian Miller's art, which was instrumental in inspiring the original Warhammer fantasy setting. My favorite Miller pieces are found in the Realms of Chaos sourcebooks, although I have never seen them faithfully translated into miniature form before the Osmoticmeld kickstarter. Naturally, I was all in!

I have therefore spent whatever free time I have, over the past few weeks, painting these sculpts. One of my favorites is the one illustrated above, named the Fire Chariot. It took me a while to decide on a paint color scheme. Given the fire theme, I knew that the creatures had to be painted in an orange/yellow color. However, I also wanted the chariot and driver to be distinct and equally noticeable, so I decided to pick colors at the opposite end of the color wheel. I think it turned out well, a few things I would have done a bit differently but I'm happy enough.

The next few posts will feature a few more painted miniatures from this excellent range. Until next time, happy painting!

Comments