Slaanesh Daemons

A few days ago I posted up some pictures of my Khorne daemons, so it only seemed right to balance this with a post of the minions of The Lord of Pleasure. After all, Khorne and Slaanesh have been eternal rivals, and I'd hate to be the cause of any supernatural disturbance in the warp. 




I really like this greater daemon sculpt. Sure, he's smaller than the newer versions, but he has a lot of character. I tried to match his (her?) skin to the rest of my daemon warband and avoid making him too gaudy. As the head hancho of the warband, I thought it only right that he was a little darker and more sinister.




While not strictly Oldhammer, I quite like this lord of Slaanesh sculpt on a steed of Slaanesh. I didn't quite manage to capture the details of his freehand banner in the picture, but I can see that my confidence in attempting freehand designs is (slowly) increasing. According to the painting sages online, I gather that this is the best way of getting better with freehand.


Here is the daemon warband in it's unholy glory. I'm going to save the Slaanesh warrior contingent for another post. Apologies that the picture is slightly under-exposed.



Until next time, happy painting!

Comments

  1. The keeper of secrets is one of your best yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't go wrong with a cool old sculpt

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. As I'm sure you know, it's always very satisfying when you take that group pic with all your warband together

      Delete
    2. Oh I do. 😉 #BrothersinChaos

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge fan of your Slaanesh stuff. I really like that you've managed to put down some bright colors without looking like over the top 80's neon bodybuilder clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, learned that lesson a few years ago after I painted a squad of Chaos Terminators who looked like they just got nailed in a neon paintball tournie

      Delete
  4. Great painting, and I agree, the old KoS is a gem. I'm still a fan of those old daemonettes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still contemplating getting some more of those daemonettes to paint up and put on those Slaanesh steeds

      Delete
  5. Your chaos warbands are really nice. A great assortment of figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean. It's a case of "couldn't afford these as a kid but I can now (probably)"

      Delete
  6. Slaanesh with style. I've always like the lord, the height and sinuous nature of the beast always impressed me though it's a bit of a nightmare to construct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right you are. The beast's tail broke at least 3 times as I was painting it. I couldn't get the back banner pole to stick. The stories go on ...

      Delete
  7. Awesome painting Anthony! Those original Keeper of Secrets are some of my all-time favourites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, you can't really go wrong with a bull man having crab claws, right??

      Delete
  8. Haha it is pretty hard to select only one post to comment... you entire blog is amazing. As a Slaaneshi cultist, my fav is clearly you Slaanesh army. They are sober and deeply perverse... I love them. Great job ! Now I am following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Most recently, my painting focus has been orcs and goblins but I can feel the dark gods beckoning me again...

      Delete

Post a Comment