Night Goblin elected officials


At the moment, there is a lot of terrain on my painting table. One thing that I have always struggled with is painting terrain. I know that I am not alone in this. As a painter, it seems a lot more exciting and engaging to interpret a miniature by using colors to build character and to tell a story. For me, at least, this is part of what drives me to finish painting a miniature especially when you are tired and want it to be done already. And this is, I think, part of what makes terrain painting somewhat of a chore. The ability to tell a story by using terrain is far more limited, as is our ability to 'relate' to it.

So I've been breaking up the monotony of painting terrain by taking breaks to paint characters such as the three pictured below.  

 

These will be joining my horde of night goblins. I'm tempted to run really big blocks of the goblins, although I have painted plenty of extra fanatics and command groups to let me break them up into smaller units, should I choose to do so. 

With these three done, I'm very close to painting my entire contingent of Kev Adams night goblins. Just 6 more squig hoppers and one more shaman, and I will be done. 

Until next time, happy painting! 

Comments