Katakros joins the Tomb Kings

The next addition to the ranks of my Tomb Kings is none other than Katakros. Given that he is actually a not-Tomb-Kings (ie, Ossiarch Bonereapers) model, I’m not sure how he would fit in with respect to Warhammer game play. Perhaps I could proxy him as some other Tomb King unit. In truth this does not concern me much since I would have bought this model either way just for the pleasure of painting it. 

While I am a lover of old lead models, this plastic model is a beauty. It would also likely be a nightmare to produce in lead.


Due to several real life commitments, I cannot spend endless hours on one model these days. However, I did try to take my time with this one (at least by my standards). I made him in sub-assemblies and painted him with my modified version of Wappel’s ‘Shaded Basecoat’. I honestly cannot remember how long I spent painting this model, but it was less than 30h for sure.


I’m quite pleased with how he turned out, and he fits in with the general color scheme of my tomb kings while also allowing me to take the highlights a couple of stages higher.


I hope you enjoy the paint job.  Happy painting! 

 

Comments